Friday, August 18, 2017

The Burning Room


Author: Michael Connelly

Generally i wouldn’t out right have a negative criticism of a crime novel. I usually enjoy these types of books thoroughly. However i was not entertained by this whatsoever. The burning Room was some what dry in its delivery of the story, very predictable in what will happen next with no ups and downs in the story that would make you think otherwise. The book was equivalent to eating a luke-warm plate of food. I finished the book in no time but i also was able to figure out the who done it very early on in the book so reading the rest of the book was irrelevant to me.

The book starts out as any other cop crime book. Veteran cop gets rookie partner. Partner is connected to a gruesome crime that has never been solved and thus they are thrown into gathering the facts and solving the crime. Standard right? Well yes. I mostly like that part about it. What i didn’t like was the delivery. It's just unreasonable dry.

I have got to rate this book as **Not interesting. But judge for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment